The Information Centre is a provider of so much more than tourism information. We have a wide retail range of New Zealand based souvenirs and products so you can take home a memory or find a beautiful gift.
We provide a range of services for permanent residents and our summer visitors; backpackers and freedom campers.
Our friendly team can help you with:
- Courier services for sending and receiving parcels on your behalf if you are not at home
- Booking you an Intercity bus trip – to wherever you need to travel, locally to Thames or long distance to Twizel
- Putting you in touch with a local club so you can enjoy your hobby interests. There are over 50 social and hobby clubs in Pauanui. Come and see us for a full list
- Arranging a local beauty therapist or massage
- Wedding information about venues, celebrants, catering, florists
- Give you up to date advice on temporary adverse local conditions such as shellfish bans, ferry times, road conditions
- Provide you with information about local service businesses and health providers
- Provide you with information about council facilities eg rubbish services.
Plus very much more…. Pop in and see us, we love to say hello to visitors and locals alike. When you are not in town, contact us by phone or email.
Jewel Hughes – Manager
I’ve lived on the Coromandel peninsula all my life. It’s been my playground and I’ve raised my family here in Pauanui.
My passion is helping our visitors to have a wonderful visit, and sharing my local knowledge to provide them with a unique Coromandel experience. A large portion of my career has been working in the travel and tourism industry.
In that time I’ve developed a wealth of knowledge which I share with my team; enabling them to deliver the same depth of knowledge about the variety of attractions in our local area plus accommodation and tours.
Vicki & Sarah
Both long time holiday home owners and now full-time residents, Vicki and Sarah provide back up to Jewel.
Vicki and Sarah have both travelled extensively internationally, and are now enjoying the relaxed Pauanui lifestyle.
Vicki lives in the centre of town and is an active member of the local community.
Sarah lives in the Lakes Resort just out of town and is making the most of the Lakes International golf course at the heart of the Resort.
A wonderful team of local volunteer residents provide support to keep the Information Centre open 7 days a week all year round.
This ensures there is enough staff in the Centre during the busiest of days to spend valuable time with each customer.
This gives our visitors the best advice and a truly tailored experience when booking tours and creating itineraries.